From the designs of our workspaces to our communities’ recycling habits, we’ve taken measures to ensure sustainability in our network from day one. We embed eco-friendly approaches into every event we organize, and last week, as 29 Impact Hubs from 19 European countries met in Odessa, Ukraine to exchange insights and best practices on the social sector, we took a stand for the planet and committed to the following.
We commit to:
- Leveraging the power of our 16,000+ network of changemakers to showcase what is already being done, raise awareness and serve as inspiration for what can be done more.
- Continue working towards less waste every day, and adding to our efforts of reducing our environmental footprint by having at least one #zerowaste day per month in our Impact Hubs, no matter what activities we are running.
- We put the planet first by reflecting on how our operations are run, and whenever possible and available, we switch to more climate-friendly practices (reducing food waste, changing to renewable energy sources, avoid single-use plastic, etc.).
- We share best practices and support each other in making those options available to others.
- We commit to making conscious and environmental choices when traveling and always offsetting our carbon footprint when journeying to meet in person.
What we believe in:
- We put the planet first. We believe in the power of entrepreneurship to do good and work for a more just and sustainable world by enabling entrepreneurs to achieve impact at scale.
- We collaborate. We believe in the power of collaboration in solving the biggest challenges of our time. That’s why we partner with leading organizations like WWF, Climate-KIC, Dopper, the European Commission, and the Interamerican Development Bank among others, from a variety of sectors, to implement programs and amplify our members’ impact.
- We inspire, connect and enable impact entrepreneurs. To achieve impact at scale, it is necessary to inspire, connect, and engage a critical mass of people by providing them with valuable knowledge, resources, and access to an engaged and like-minded community.
We map the impact of our network. We use the global Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) as a lens through which to view our impact in the world.